In order to support our strong growth and to build a best-in-class Corporate Finance function, we are looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Accounts Payable Specialist reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager for the SSU Group.
The Accounts Payable specialist must have great time management and organization skills and will be a great team collaborator communicating with the business and partnering with the business to ensure timely invoice/expense approvals and bookings within the holding entities at SSU Group.
The Accounts Payable specialist is responsible for timely and accurate booking of incoming invoices. As part of this role it will be required to document current processes and perform monthly controls as required by SOX.
Key role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyse, and interpret relevant financial data.
- Processing Vendor Master data.
- Receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices to vendor statements.
- Receiving, processing, verifying employee expense claims.
- Comparing system reports to balances and verifying entries.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers.
- Verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Issuing purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Reconciling account transactions with the general ledger.
- Interacting with leadership at all levels.
- Manage weekly and monthly reports and analysis
- General Ledger account classification of AP invoices
- Post-Annual AP Transactions