- Identify, source and evaluate M&A and other investment opportunities
- Review and track relevant market and industry trends
- Support in the execution of M&A, minority investment and strategic partnership transactions
- Perform financial modelling, valuation and other financial analyses
- Develop analyses for senior leadership and other internal stakeholder
Analyst Corporate Development / M&A (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities. We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
What we are looking for:
Signa Sports United is looking for an Analyst Corporate Development / M&A. In the role you will be expected to support in the sourcing, evaluation and execution of M&A transactions, minority investments and strategic partnerships, in addition to contributing to developing and delivering on the broader SSU corporate strategy.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking/M&A, corporate development, strategy consulting with focus on PE/CD, private equity or venture capital
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, including financial modelling
- A pro-active, hands-on and action-oriented team player, highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcome!
- We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, perspectives and skills to apply.
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We never rest thinking we are the best. It‘s always about pushing forward and solving new problems and unknown spaces. Join our team and work with the brightest strategic minds. We are looking for support for our next big M&A deals and for projects run out of our „UMC – United Mission Control Center“. We offer support to our Businesses from our Commercial Operations experts, providing pricing, marketing and commercial inhouse consulting.