- You will develop and maintain our own high-performance e-commerce application using PHP technologies.
- You will support the Logistic and Order Management team for the technical transformation of the current system to a service-based infrastructure
- You will support the transformation from monolithic to service-based architecture, the realization of new features and maintenance tasks in the areas of order management, multi-warehouse logic and the connection of in-house and 3PL warehouse management systems.
- Responsible for completing order flow up to complex logistical processes.
- You will be part of an agile team that makes decisions together and works independently on solutions.
- You will also support code reviews and improve our services and processes.
Backend Developer - Logistics (f/m/d)
Signa Sports United • Barcelona
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) is the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. Our group of companies include Wiggle, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, and Outfitter. We are passionate about sport and staying active.
We listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2021 and are the largest pure-play sports e-commerce company by revenue. We serve over 7 million active customers, have 1,000+ brand partners, and 500+ connected retail stores.
More than 3000 tech-focused professionals work for SIGNA Sports United around the world. We play a key role in empowering our businesses to be leaders in the digital age. We are an agile, diverse, talented, and enthusiastic team. Our locations are varied with some based alongside the businesses across Germany, Spain, France, the US, UK and more.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience working with PHP
- 2+ years of experience with latest Symfony versions, other popular frameworks are considered
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with message queuing
- 2+ years of experience working with MySQL, other relational databases can be considered
- Good code design, OO principles, Unit/Functional testing, SOLID, and KISS
- Bonus points for Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Mongo, Go, TDD, DDD, Experienced in building scalable systems
- You are self-organized and passionate to work in an agile environment
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
At SIGNA Sports United we believe our team spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
800€ Workplace budget the first year + 200€ the rest
1.500€ Personal development budget per year
Private medical insurance
Remote (within Spain)
25 days annual holiday + public/ bank holidays
Ticket Restaurant, Transport Ticket, etc...
Recruitment team's message
Ready to embark on a journey of exceptional learning and impact? Head to our career page to submit your application. Be sure to highlight your relevant skills, experiences, and how you align with our mission and values.
The recruitment team (Dan, Danitza , Marta, Sharon) look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our Department. If you're passionate about data, e-commerce, and sports, this is the place for you to excel and make a significant impact.
Thank you for considering SIGNA Sports United as your next career destination. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.