SIGNA Sports United (SSU) North American Holding is firmly in growth mode. In 2021, SSU entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest Sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US. In December 2021, SIGNA Sports United successfully floated on to the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company. In February 2022, we hired a seasoned industry leader and entrepreneur to lead the acceleration of our bike operations. Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers, and integrating with digital sports communities. Our tennis and bike teams along with the support of our Holding group, made up of Finance, Technology, and Human Resources, are leading SSU’s growth in the US.
Our North American Bike business is united by passion, and not just our passion for riding. It’s a passion for our riders, for our people, and for growth. We love to innovate, give our teams the space to do what they love and the support to do it well. As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure. Join our dynamic team, chart your journey, and leave your mark! As part of our team, you will get to live your passion.
This is an hourly full-time benefits eligible position located in Salt Lake City, UT.
As part of our Bike Operations teams, our Bike Technicians are passionate about bikes and play an important role in delivering an unmatched rider experience to our customers by ensuring our owned brand bikes are inspected upon arrival, assembled with a meticulous attention to rider and/or factory specifications, quality control checked by peers, and packaged with great care to ensure our riders are delighted when they clip in for the first time. Our Bike Operations team is a part of the foundation of our brands and business, they are excellent problem solvers, and are technically skilled. Bike Technicians will own not only the quality assembly of new bikes, but the rehab and tuning of our demo bike fleet and will be key members at events and expos and will assist our team in showcasing our brands. Additionally, the Bike Technician role will be a bit of a swiss army knife, and will also be responsible for shipping orders and supporting the warranty side of the business as we grow.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality assembly of products, using manufacturer standards
- Maintains a safe and clean workspace, ensuring a safe work environment for self and others
- Accept shipments from the website and dealer networks and ship out product as necessary
- Receive and unload/stage bikes and product as they arrive
- Perform pre-delivery inspection (PDI) upon arrival
- Perform final assembly of bicycles to a high level of precision
- Perform quality control review of assembly by co-worker’s
- Repackage bikes in boxes once built-up ensuring customer delivery is free of damage
- Inventory and catalog bikes in proper warehouse locations
- Rehab and tune Demo bikes as needed
- Travel to events or expos to showcase owned brands as needed
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- 2+ years’ experience in bicycle assembly especially road, mountain, gravel, and e-bikes
- Experienced bike technician/mechanic with strong understanding of cutting-edge high-end bicycles including, but not limited to carbon fiber frames, hydraulic brake systems, suspension technology, as well as rehab and tuning skills
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs overhead with use of proper lifting skills
- Must be able to read basic instructions and diagrams in English and must have knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to do accurate work at a fast pace
- Ability to utilize shop tools, power tools
- Ability to perform physical and environmental checks and document work performed
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
This is an hourly full-time benefits eligible position.