The Commercial Operations Manager will work very closely with the VP of Commercial Operations to ensure that all strategic priorities are supported. This role will work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including Marketing, Bike Operations, and Rider Experience and will help drive strategic priorities specific to growth of the business through strategic initiatives as well as M&A activity. In concert with the VP, Commercial Operations, this position will aid in the execution and tracking of special projects that reinforce the company’s value proposition and value chain. This will include conducting research and analysis, performing due diligence and evaluating the fit of M&A targets.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: financial modeling, company valuation, financial performance analysis, corporate and industry structure research, due diligence, strategic analyses of companies, preparation of marketing and presentation materials, and management presentations. This is an operational role – if candidates have mostly advisory experience, they must have a desire to transition into an operating environment and they must be passionate about the cycling space to navigate the nuances of cycling customers, competitor dynamics, and value systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and align others with the overall business strategy.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making; prepare presentations, materials and overtime come to serve as a subject matter expert for the department.
- Assist in the execution of department initiatives related to process improvement, performance insights, and bookings forecasts.
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Must be proficient in basic project management disciplines and expectations.
- Assist in the conversion of consumer insights and research, historical data, sales data, and principles of segmentation into clear plans with achievable objectives that build brand equity, consumer relativity and contribute positively to business outcomes.
- Maintain policy manuals and Business Continuity Plan documentation.
- Financial modeling experience/skills, company valuation, and financial performance analysis.
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results and analyses/inferences.
- Work alongside senior leaders to provide commercial insights into M&A targets as well as be able to model synergies and costs under buy vs. build scenarios
- Conduct relevant research and write reports of findings