- Develop the international ISG People team, processes and IT landscape.
- Be accountable for all strategic and operational people & culture processes, workflows and change management projects.
- Support our approach of "innovate local and expand global"- and be actively part of shaping the future of the function.
- Advise the ISG Board, fellow leaders and each of the businesses on all HR topics.
Director People & Culture - Internetstores (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Stuttgart
Internetstores (ISG) is the European bike and outdoor retailer of SIGNA Sports United “SSU”, housing our market leading brands such Probikeshop, Addnature, fahrrad.de, Bikester and CAMPZ. With a presence in 16 countries across Europe and 150,000 products, ISG gets a lot of people on bikes, selling 220,000 annually.
SSU is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company headquartered in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
The ISG Director of People and Culture is a senior, influential position reporting to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of ISG and to the Group Chief People Officer of SIGNA Sports United. ISG is made up of 900 passionate and talented colleagues based in and around Stuttgart, Berlin, Lyon, and Stockholm.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of experience in a comparable international organisation.
- Experience across the board in Human Resource management.
- Workforce planning, employer branding, recruiting, organizational development, change management, leadership coaching, process knowledge, data analysis and HR KPIs.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders throughout a large, complex, international organisation and influence key decision makers.
- Long-term strategic thinking and planning.
- hands-on mentality with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and delegate effectively.
- You have worked in fast-paced, hyper growth environments, ideally in e-commerce, and you are experienced working in logistic and retail environments.
- You are an inspirational and inclusive leader with a strengths-based development mindset and strong track record in building and developing successful international HR teams.
- Fluency in German and English is a must, speaking French would be a bonus.
- A passion for active lifestyle, sport and outdoor is very welcome!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Our stellar growth in recent years would have been impossible without our exceptional teams. We are not just dreamers, we are doers, optimistic about the future of our industry and passionate about having a real impact through the power of our People and Tech. We put People core and center, they bring passion for Sports and Tech and deep expertise in what they do.
Our People / Human Resources function enables team-spirit, nurtures our culture and drives our fundamental values. We define structures and processes--always keeping an entrepreneurial mindset. We support the Business to find and attract the best talent and we don't compromise. We relentlessly enable the growth of our fast-moving organization. And we're proud of our culture of belonging- united in our mission.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org