Reporting to the CMO of US Racquet Sports, the Director of Performance Marketing will play a key role within the marketing organization for driving consistent and cost-effective new customer growth/acquisition, as well as comprehensive retention marketing initiatives. This role will lead acquisition and retention marketing efforts in both paid and owned channels and measure and report on LTV, CAC, repeat rates, and ideate and execute creative initiates to optimize those measurements. This role requires the coordination of both internal stakeholders and external agencies, and reports to and works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Brand Officer, and other key cross-functional teams. Building an understanding of our customer and how to appropriately engage with them will be critical, as will be data-driven reporting and fine-tuning for continual improvement. Our Director of Performance Marketing should have experience with PLA and SEO, strong leadership and project management skills, excellent analytic skills, expertise in Excel and working with large data sets, and a passion for digging through data to identify customer behavior trends and ways to creatively address them.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define the goals, core strategies and most efficient tactics to drive cost-effective acquisition and retention for our ecommerce and retail businesses
- Manage the revenue forecast and delivery for our channels, identifying opportunities for upside, as well as ways in which to bridge revenue gaps as the need arises
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders/brand managers to identify their marketing and commercial goals
- Partner with the Brand Marketing and Online Channels to ensure strategies and plans build upon and leverage an integrated marketing strategy
- Partner with the Planning team to ensure we are delivering a plan that is consistent with our revenue goals
- Devise an SEO strategy by working closely with cross-functional teams to execute programs that drive high-quality organic traffic
- Work with the web team to implement changes on our sites ranging from landing pages to ensure strong conversion, to on page SEO strategies
- Develop and execute a paid marketing strategy across search, social, programmatic display, and affiliates that drives cost-effective new customer growth
- Spearhead cross-channel retention marketing strategy, managing across email marketing, push notifications, and more to improve the retention curve
- Budget effectively across channels, track marketing, and keep track of ROI Plan and execute acquisition and retention marketing campaigns across a variety of owned and paid channels to drive traffic, conversion, and customer lifetime value within our customer base.
- Conduct regular and thorough analyses of new and returning customer behavior, identifying trends and using findings to inspire future initiatives and decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with our merchandising and creative teams for rapid and seamless campaign execution
- Drive rigorous testing and optimization in our email marketing channel, incl. advanced segmentation strategies; leverage multiple data sources to understand customer segmentations, and analyze email and digital campaign performance in achieving larger organizational goals
- Ability to summarize and report on data from several sources (Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, etc), and suggest actionable inferences
- Compile weekly/monthly reports summarizing acquisition and retention behavior and present to senior leadership as needed.