- Lead the development of SSU ESG report incl. data collection, materiality analyses, structuring and report creation under consideration of ESG frameworks (SASB, GRI etc.) and regulatory developments.
- Develop and manage target group oriented internal and external communications. (e.g.Investor Relations)
- Develop a coherent, group-wide Environmental Social Governance /Sustainability Strategy based on defined pillars and backed by clear levers.
- Drive the coordinated implementation of the groups sustainability strategy across all business units with the help of local teams/ points of contact.
- Define group-wide ESG (science-based) targets and guide businesses through structural and strategic changes that may be necessary to achieve them.
- Support the management of a range of environmental initiatives aimed at delivering the sustainability strategy across the businesses (packaging, circular business models and carbon reduction programmes)
ESG Manager (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) is the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. Our group of companies include Wiggle, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, and Outfitter. We are passionate about sport and staying active.
We listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2021 and are the largest pure-play sports e-commerce company by revenue. We serve over 7 million active customers, have 1,000+ brand partners, and 500+ connected retail stores.
Signa Sports United is looking for an ESG Manager to setup, own and drive the area of corporate social responsibility across the group. Besides developing and delivering an overarching ESG strategy, you will be responsible for key contributors to the overall strategy, such as Science Based Targets or owning the ESG reporting. ESG/CSR is close to the heart of the strategy of SIGNA Sports United and we are convinced that your role will drive the continued future success of Signa Sports United, in the interest of our customers, employees and investors.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in developing and implementing corporate social responsibility, ESG and/or sustainability strategies.
- Deep understanding of and experience in defining sustainability / CSR / ESG strategies, setting science-based targets, developing ESG reports and working with ESG frameworks. (GRI, SASB etc.)
- Experience in managing projects with various stakeholders and in close alignment with investor relations.
- Pro-active, hands-on and action-oriented team player, highly organized, independent and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English. (German is a plus)
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We never rest thinking we are the best. It‘s always about pushing forward and solving new problems and unknown spaces. Join our team and work with the brightest strategic minds. We are looking for support for our next big M&A deals and for projects run out of our „UMC – United Mission Control Center“. We offer support to our Businesses from our Commercial Operations experts, providing pricing, marketing and commercial inhouse consulting.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: email@example.com