- Preparation of annual budgets (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow), forecasts and regular analysis of the business plans for the group and relationship management with our business units
- Preparation of Management Reports (P&L, Financial KPIs, Capex, Projects)
- Process coordination of preparing annual budgets and forecasts with our Business Units Ownership for ongoing reporting, preparation of deviation analyzes and derivation of measures in coordination with the Head of Group Controlling and the Deputy CFO
- Ongoing development of controlling and reporting structures including establishment and improvement of ERP and BI systems
- Establishment of service plan schemes for group service charges
- Participation in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to IFRS (eg impairment test); knowledge of IFRS desirable
- Ad-hoc analysis for Group Senior Management and stakeholders
Financial Controller (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
We are looking for a Group Financial Controller to support our Finance Team in Berlin
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- Diploma or Masters in economics / finance or comparable training in this area
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in controlling, ideally in retail, e-commerce
- Analytical, target-oriented thinking and conscientious appearance
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, SAP knowledge desirable
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a "hands-on mentality"
- Experience in the introduction of reporting systems / BW solutions
- Favorable: Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at Signa SIGNA United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
In Finance we reckon we have some of the most exciting jobs in SIGNA Sports United. Why?
We announced that we will go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally. The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021. We are front and center as our businesses get ready to be listed at NYSE. And, even better: there's more acquisitions to come – there is always lots to do! So we're looking for passionate numbers-geeks who are blessed with team spirit, bring proficiency in what they do and have passion building the future global Sports Tech Ecosystem.