- Apply structured methodology to and lead project/change management activities
- Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Lead independently low / medium complexity projects with global impact (cross-functional) driving them through execution, analysis, recommendation and implementation.
- Apply change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Engage and influence stakeholders inside and if required outside of the organisation: work collaboratively with business unit partners
- Contribute to the Project scoping and Planning including resource allocation across the teams, documenting business cases, objectives, roadmaps and main deliverables.
- Track and report progress; Creates clear planning documents together with involved team (members)
- Hold project members accountable for the delivery of their part of the project.
- Understand milestones and impediments. Tracks and report progress, manages overall timelines, dependencies, risks & issues & monitor interdependencies (within & outside project)
- Ability to work and productively interact with different stakeholders up to VP level.
- Act as sparring partner to the Finance Group VP’s
- Processing and supporting upcoming M&A projects
- Especially in the beginning ability and willingness to “roll up the sleeves”
Group Finance Project Manager
Signa Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) is the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. Our group of companies include Wiggle, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, and Outfitter. We are passionate about sport and staying active.
We listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2021 and are the largest pure-play sports e-commerce company by revenue. We serve over 7 million active customers, have 1,000+ brand partners, and 500+ connected retail stores.
In order to support our strong growth and to build a best-in-class Corporate Finance function, we are looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Finance Business Partner who will assume the position of Group Finance Project Manager reporting to the VP of Accounting & Reporting for the SSU Group.
The Group Finance Project Manager will be an operational and strategic partner to the Finance Leadership team on all project matters relating to the Group Accounting and Controlling. The Group Project Manager will be a critical member of the Finance team and will work closely with relevant internal and external stakeholders in order to move projects forward which has a heavy systems and process focus.
The Group Project Manager is responsible for the governance and project management of initiatives and will partner with the various sub teams to support, and proactively work with them to scope and plan projects including resource allocation, documenting business cases, objectives, roadmaps and main deliverables. This includes assisting different teams to mitigate the project risks and dependencies to make sure there is progress towards the project milestones.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience with project/change management methodology, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making and changes.
- Good Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships (both within a team and with wider stakeholders)
- Able to support implementation of department strategic goals.
- Strong Influencer.
- Pragmatic, able to solve several impediments by him/herself & can-do mindset
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations and under pressure
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Finance managerial experience in a public company or big 4 experience
- Experience in a SOX environment
- Experience in Accounting & Reporting, FP&A and Treasury considered a plus
- Sound understanding of e-commerce companies advantageous
- Excellent leadership skills and strong business acumen
Excellent communication skills in English, German language skills are a plus, as is French
What you need to know
- Work with a passionate team.
- Permanent employment contract.
- 30 days of vacation each year.
- 10 days working from abroad.
- Flexible, hybrid working model.
- Best possible view from the 30th floor in the Upper West in Berlin Charlottenburg.
- Employee discounts in our own shops and from a wide range of partners.
- Company discount in many food / lunch locations around our office.
- Frequent office lunch and team events.
- Employee Assistance programme with access to mental wellbeing trainings and professional coaching services for you and your family members.
- 40EUR public transport subsidy.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Exciting combination of tech and sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
Meet our recruiting team
"I am passionate about people and sports – making SSU the perfect match for me! In my role, I head the central functions' talent needs. This challenging position allows me to expand my boundaries and be a subject matter expert in both recruiting and HR business partnering.
I love to understand people’s stories, motivations, behaviours, successes, achievements but also their reaction in difficult situations.
My mission is to value, encourage, and support a diverse workforce by continually improving individual and organisational effectiveness at Signa Sports United. I am a proud brand ambassador of SSU’s values and take the initiative to inform people at various forums about our success."