SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
Unique opportunity to design, shape and build the SIGNA Sports United Retail Media Sales powerhouse across all sports verticals in EU. This powerhouse will be a key strategic lever as well as profit and revenue contributor across the group with high internal and external visibility.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Build-up and lead a central retail media sales unit
- Define and execute a group wide retail media sales strategy that includes the development of advertising strategies and new media formats
- Set-up and implement state-of-the-art AdTech technology to support overarching strategy
- Hire, form and develop a top-performing team
- Responsible for marketing, sales, strategic development, key account management as well as support and consultancy of new advertisers and agencies
- Implement group wide efficient and scalable standards, processes to execute, track, steer and improve retail media sales business
- Set-up and execute efficient interfaces between central/local responsibilities
- 10-15 years experience within retail media and/or sales environment
- Profound experience within online/e-commerce businesses
- Strong experience in leading, developing and inspiring teams (direct and indirect leadership responsibility)
- Track-record in building/establishing new businesses and transformation environments
- Outstanding sales mentality, negotiation skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent thought leadership and analytical mindset
- Strong can-do-mentality
- Binding and sovereign appearance on all level of businesses
- Top-nodge communication skills, especially on C-Level
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Passionate and committed people leader
- Hands-on mentality and eagerness to execute
- Willingness and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- 10-15 work and management experience
- Fluent in german and english
- University degree
- MBA/PHD a plus
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.