- Design and implement a global total rewards strategy for SIGNA Sports United, including base compensation, short term incentives (STI), stock-based long-term incentives (LTI) and benefits programs
- Development of a group-wide job levelling framework in order to ensure fair and consistent people decisions across the organization
- Manage and further develop our stock-based long-term incentive plans and restricted stock unit (RSU) programs for the group
- Harmonization of currently existing compensation standards in different group companies, design of a total rewards govermance for the SSU group and implement an overarching compensation review process for the company
- Partner closely with our Group Chief People Officer and advise HR Business Partners as well as business leaders across different regions on all reward-related matters along the employee life cycle
- Keep up to date with market trends and labor market developments to ensure SSU remains competitive in our different talent markets
- Regular preparation of input and contribution to SSU’s Board of Directors meetings and Compensation Committee meetings
- Support analytical and reward-related processes such as budget and business planning in close collaboration with SSU’s Finance team
Group Head Total Rewards (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online stores like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more.
SSU is firmly in growth mode, so far in 2021, we have entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US, we have acquired WiggleCRC, a global bike retailer, thus creating the biggest online bike retailer in the world. On 15.12.21 Signa Sports United has successfully floated on the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company.
Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
Joining SSU would mean you will be part of high-caliber team, united by passion, driven by innovation, and pioneers in the Sports & Outdoors arena. Have the power to have tremendous impact and be a part of a team that fosters growth, leadership, community and transformation.
We are looking for SIGNA Sports United’s first Group Head of Rewards, who will be entrusted to develop a global total rewards strategy, implement and align processes for our group and to advise our local group companies in global, regional and local reward matters
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of experience in the Compensation space with responsibility for designing global compensation and benefits programs, ideally in a fast-paced growth company in an e-commerce or technology environment
- Proven stakeholder management and relationship building skills in an international environment, being able to advise different stakeholders at eye level
- Understanding for different international labor markets (currently Germany, France, UK, Spain and US) and their benefits practices
- Strong analytical skills and experience in benchmarking, data analytics and compensation data management, with the ability to translate data and trends into actionable recommendations
- Business-savvy English, German is a nice-to-have
- Last but not least, a strong can-do and hands-on mentality
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Our stellar growth in recent years would have been impossible without our exceptional teams. We are not just dreamers, we are doers, optimistic about the future of our industry and passionate about having a real impact through the power of our People and Tech. We put People core and center, they bring passion for Sports and Tech and deep expertise in what they do.
Our People / Human Resources function enables team-spirit, nurtures our culture and drives our fundamental values. We define structures and processes--always keeping an entrepreneurial mindset. We support the Business to find and attract the best talent and we don't compromise. We relentlessly enable the growth of our fast-moving organization. And we're proud of our culture of belonging- united in our mission.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org