- Supporting the core (IFRS) Accounting & Reporting functions: accounting, consolidation and financial reporting
- Act as sparring partner to the Head of Financial Reporting and the VP of Group Accounting and Reporting in technical accounting matters.
- Supporting upcoming M&A projects
- Preparing and steering the function towards a successful Post-IPO accounting and financial reporting setup
- Assisting in the buildup of the financial reporting processes including assisting with year-end audits and owning key topics within the 20F filing.
Group Manager Accounting & Reporting (f/m/d) Germany
Signa Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU”) is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company based in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bikes, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
In order to support our strong growth and to build a best-in-class Corporate Finance function, we are looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Finance manager who will assume the position as Group Manager of Accounting & Reporting for the SSU group.
The Group Manager of Accounting & Reporting will be a financial partner to the Finance management team on all matters relating to the Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting obligations of the organization. The Group Manager of Accounting & Reporting is a critical member of the Finance team with the position reporting into the Head of Financial reporting.
The candidate will proactively approach and drive the further development of the group’s Accounting and Reporting function.
This role would suit an Auditor looking to cross over into a commercial environment.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience in US markets and some M&A knowledge are a plus
- Ex Auditor from the big 4
- Experience with SOX is a plus
- Excellence in IFRS Reporting Standards
- Sound understanding of e-commerce companies a plus
- Excellent IFRS knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English, German language skills are a plus, as is French
- 5-7 Years relevant experience
What you need to know
- Work with a passionate team.
- Permanent employment contract.
- 30 days of vacation each year.
- 10 days working from abroad.
- Flexible, hybrid working model.
- Best possible view from the 30th floor in the Upper West in Berlin Charlottenburg.
- Employee discounts in our own shops and from a wide range of partners.
- Frequent office lunch and team events.
- Employee Assistance programme with access to mental wellbeing trainings and professional coaching services for you and your family members.
- 40EUR public transport subsidy.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Exciting combination of tech and sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
Meet our recruiting team
"I am passionate about people and sports – making SSU the perfect match for me! In my role, I head the central functions' talent needs. This challenging position allows me to expand my boundaries and be a subject matter expert in both recruiting and HR business partnering.
I love to understand people’s stories, motivations, behaviours, successes, achievements but also their reaction in difficult situations.
My mission is to value, encourage, and support a diverse workforce by continually improving individual and organisational effectiveness at Signa Sports United. I am a proud brand ambassador of SSU’s values and take the initiative to inform people at various forums about our success."