- Coordination and planning of centrally steered and cross-business units driven Retail Media sales strategies.
- Development and promotion of sales strategies of owned media as well as new media revenue streams and marketing concepts on our platforms.
- Acquisition of media partners and brands as well as building-up and fostering strategic and long-term partnerships.
- Sales of marketing products, services and concepts.
- Groupwide optimization of e.g. media-products and pricing.
- Strong cooperation, exchange and best practice sharing with Retail Media teams within the individual business units.
- Steering and tracking.
- Preparation of sales materials and execution of sales presentations.
- Observation and analysis of market trends.
- Building-up and developing best-in-class sales teams.
Head of Sales for our Retail Media Sales Business (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) is the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. Our group of companies include Wiggle, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, and Outfitter. We are passionate about sport and staying active.
We listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2021 and are the largest pure-play sports e-commerce company by revenue. We serve over 7 million active customers, have 1,000+ brand partners, and 500+ connected retail stores.
We are looking for a hands-on and sales driven and experienced leader (f/m/d) to build up and lead our Sales unit of the central Retail Media Marketing and Sales business. This is a unique opportunity to help build up and foster strategic partnerships within the sports ecosystem.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 6-8 years of work experience in marketing sales, media buying/selling, marketing consulting.
- Experience within e-Commerce and/or retail media.
- Profound experience in developing and leading teams (inclusive leaders).
- Project management skills and capabilities to work and lead cross-business unit project teams.
- Experience in developing creative marketing concepts.
- Affinity for trends in Sport Media
- Strong sales mentality and negotiation skills as well as emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills up to C-Level.
- Extraordinary analytical and thought leadership skills.
- Strong German and English language skills (verbally and written).
- Willingness to travel.
- Existing network is a plus.
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We are innovators. Breaking new ground every day isn‘t just for athletes. In inter-disciplinary teams across Business Units we relentlessly work on enabling direct-to-consumer and business-to-consumer commerce at scale. We are constantly looking for aspirational colleagues who are passionate about building the infrastructure to be the ecosystem partner for the sports industry and their customers, brands, offline and online specialists and broader sports communities.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: email@example.com