SIGNA Sports United ("SSU") is the leading global sports e-commerce and technology platform in the Bike, Tennis, Outdoor and Team Sports verticals with more than 7 million active customers and over 300 million visitors annually. SSU brings together webshop brands such as Wiggle, Chain Reaction Cycles, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Campz, Addnature, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, Stylefile and many more. More than 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ independent offline retailers and more than 15 million digital sports community members are connected to its platform. SSU is a holding company that has grown through acquiring webshop brands across the Bike, Outdoor, Tennis and Team sports verticals. SSU utilizes separate brands for different market segments within its verticals, and in some geographies,
The company's strategy is centered around three key components:
M&A: Accelerate market entrance / rationalization through in vertical M&A. Verticalize through acquisition of brands.
Platform Growth: Grow B2B business models leveraging technology and infrastructure.
Going public in the US
On June 11th, the Company announced that it is merging with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation, an NYSE listed SPAC and acquiring the WiggleCRC Group, the second-largest online Bike retailer globally. The transaction was closed 15th December 2021. For more information visit our Investor Relations website .
Market Entrance in the US
SSU acquired Midwest Sports in April 2021 – the number 3 Online US Tennis retailer, and subsequently they have announced the acquisition of Tennis Express, the number 2 US online tennis retailer. The combined acquisitions have c.$100m turnover and both founders will remain with the businesses. Both entities will make part of a dual-brand strategy under the brands Tennis Point (Midwest) and Tennis Express. However, they will be smartly integrated to leverage synergies and optimize activities for the group's interest. The two entities will be unified under a US Tennis holding structure headed by Sascha Beyer, formerly M.D. Operations of Tennis Point in Europe. As part of the going public transaction, SSU acquired WiggleCRC. As part of its growth strategy in the US market, SSU intends to stand inventory in the US and build out a US team for the Bike vertical. The combined Bike and Tennis revenues in the US market are anticipated to grow substantially by 2026. US Tennis Holding, the future US Bike business and future US acquisitions will be held by the US holding company "Sports North America Holding Corp."
US Director of Human Resources
As part of this growth strategy in the US, SSU is building a team to manage and support the US-based businesses. This team will bear primary responsibility for optimizing activities for efficiency and capturing synergies across the US verticals.
The US HR Director brings an entrepreneurial mindset and multiple years of experience to build the HR function in our US businesses as well as in the US Holding Group in close alignment with the overall SIGNA Sports United Group. The US HR Director provides Executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations, HR operations and partners closely with the Managing Directors in the business. The US HR Director is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices whilst at the same time ensuring the entrepreneurial culture, the passion and the commitment of our people. Employee engagement, being an employer of choice, deeply rooted company culture driven by our core values as well as identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent attraction, retention and management goal is core and center or the role.
- Analysis of status quo and strategic requirements in relation to building the HR function
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management and organizational design
- Fosters a diverse workforce in an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees at all levels
- Builds on identified HR KPI, assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs in alignment with SIGNA Sports United group
- Provides guidance and support to local leadership and the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Builds an Employer Branding strategy for the SSU US market and sets up best practice Talent Acquisition practises
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management
- Drafts and implements the organizations staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events
- Performs other duties as assigned
Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff
Sets up HR workflows for the US Holding and the US businesses
Provides constructive and timely feedback and development conversations
Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
The US Director HR is in a new position, reporting to the Group Chief People Officer. Remote work is available, with travel required to have an on-site presence in the US operating business units, currently Cincinnati Ohio and Houston, Texas.