The Senior Accountant, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Accounting, will be responsible for performing the sales, cash, P&L, and balance sheet review and ensuring accuracy of all accounting entries that affect the financial statements. The Senior Accountant will prepare and record monthly journal entries, play a significant role in ensuring the timely preparation of the monthly financial statements and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, prepare quarterly and annual financial statement reports, prepare documentation for auditors and ensure appropriate resolution to audit inquiries and/or findings for all financial items and processes managed by the accounting team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all accounting procedures and can independently manage daily financial transactions end to end.
*Cincinnati or Columbus candidates welcome.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Supervising junior accounting staff
- Performing monthly balance sheet account analysis in a timely and accurate manner (bank reconciliations, account receivables, pre-paid accounts, real estate taxes, suspense, etc.)
- Preparing and reviewing the financial statements which includes the monthly preparation of month-end accruals, preparing any adjusting entries as needed, responding to exceptions based on pre-determined criteria, and preparing any adjusting entries as needed
- Participates in the annual internal and external audits, provides back-up to auditors as requested
- Assists the Accounting Manager with month-end close processes and supports the proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with US GAAP and company policies
- Completes accounting processes and maintains effective internal controls in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensures the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, the flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Drives continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and controls
- Responsible for training and assisting less experienced accountants
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to ensure strong internal controls and adherence to company policies