- Contribute to the design of the group-wide AWS account and service architecture
- Identify automation potentials within the provisioning process. Design and re-design data architecture to create a scalable and flexible tech-stack which satisfies the customer needs
- Challenges the status-quo and provides new solutions as well as insights to business process flows.
- Ensure system and data security across all our data sources with an AWS-centric approach
- Work in expert as well as cross-functional teams and challenge yourself and others
- Build analytical tools to test and maintain quality of the data pipelines in order to achieve great usability, customer acquisition as well as operational efficiency
- The Cloud Data Architect contributes directly to the setup of a group-wide high-performance lightweight data infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of a delta load engine as a central and scalable engine to provision central structures within our data mesh
- Define, execute and manage data quality controls
- Develop and provide proper interfaces and APIs
- Monitor and improve data quality pro-actively in-line with the applications of business use cases
Senior Cloud Data Architect (m/f/d)
Signa Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
As a cloud data architect in the SSU, you are responsible for leveraging and preparing cloud data services for any analytical and functional purpose, i.e. standard business reports, real-time IoT or the business process automation are only some prominent examples for your work areas.
Your products will support our data scientists, business and data analysts as well as product developers with the most efficient data pipelines and outstanding data quality. Big data is your daily business. Since you enjoy data wrangling, building pipelines and are a creative person you have the great opportunity to realize your ideas of how to design and configure modern pipelines and dataflows. You enjoy self-managed and self-directed work as well as presenting your results in a team to managing as well as operational levels.
Organizationally, you will be part of the team which is responsible to define, leverage and maintain a future-proof data infrastructure of the group-wide organization using state-of-the-art technologies as well as developing tailored solutions. Considering business applications, you will be part of cross-functional project teams which define, describe and realize business use cases.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- Profound knowledge of a variety of databases with advanced skills in SQL and related methodologies in relational and non-relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience on the deployment and use of a variety of services on AWS such as EC2, Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, SageMaker, etc.
- Stream processing in order to provide real-time analytics for i.e. reporting, audit and IoT analytics
- BSc/MSc in computer sciences, mathematics, natural sciences or similar
- 5+ years experience working in provisioning data pipelines and leveraging a variety of data transformations for various applications
- Hands-on mentality and the ability to translate requirements into action
- Outstanding analytics skills: identify root causes at their true core as well as a strong comprehension towards business fields in order to meet the customer needs
- Profound knowledge in data integration solutions as well as methodologies
- Very beneficial skills are:
- Experience in data modeling in BI tools
- Experience in workflow tools as well as the deployment of the pipelines
- Strong skills in project management and communication as well as the ability to understand organizational relations
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcome!
What you need to know
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, perspectives and skills to apply.
Objectives for the first 6 months:
Create and move from the first day! We are migrating existing data integration pipelines into state-of-the-art solutions and have already established a lean target portfolio. Within the first six months, you will learn to focus on the execution of the SSU data strategy. You will continuously design, challenge and discuss the architecture in a team, establish network integrations and grow our data mesh with a central data lake as the core of what is driving the SSU in the future.
Exciting combination of tech and sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
Meet our recruiting team
"It has been an absolute pleasure to build our centralized tech recruiting team from scratch! As the Group Tech Recruiting Lead, I was given full autonomy to design the
function & create a roadmap for the near future. The right tech talent will make massive impact on Signa Sports United's time ahead and I am elated to be able to contribute to it."
"My daily goal is to acquire the brightest and best people for Signa Sports United. Talent is the key to growth and hiring is the most important thing we do. You can dream and envision the greatest place in the world – but only the right set of people can make that a reality."
"I believe employees are the greatest asset a company has and strive to bring the best talent to Signa Sports United. I am passionate about what I do because I am convinced nothing is more important to the business than hiring and developing the right people."
"I am passionate about exploring new methods to find, attract and engage the right people with the exciting opportunities available at Signa Sports United. I enjoy working with candidates to understand their motivation and find matches who can work effectively with the business for the long-term."