- Create data assets which are properly authorized and leveraged group-wide
- Managing users and user roles in the analytics platform
- Improving and maintaining data quality
- Defining requirements on data provisioning pipelines
- Processing operational and confidential data according to our security guidelines
- Creating reports, in-depth analysis as well as designing standalone analytics products
- Identifying bottlenecks and recommending actions
- Working in expert as well as cross-functional teams and challenge yourself and others
- Building analytical tools to test and maintain quality of the data pipelines in order to achieve great usability, customer acquisition as well as operational efficiency
- Building the foundation of ML / AI applications having the opportunity to participate in ML activities
- Recognizing potentials and taking the chance to suggest data-driven solutions to the business
- Contributing to the actual product development journey
- Enabling the end user to adopt your product in daily business
Senior Data Analyst (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online stores like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more.
SSU is firmly in growth mode, so far in 2021, we have entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US, we have acquired WiggleCRC, a global bike retailer, thus creating the biggest online bike retailer in the world. On 15.12.21 Signa Sports United has successfully floated on the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company.
Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
Joining SSU would mean you will be part of high-calibre team, united by passion, driven by innovation, and pioneers in the Sports & Outdoors arena. Have the power to have tremendous impact and be a part of a team that fosters growth, leadership, community and transformation.
The data analyst in the SSU is a unique, analytical and collaborative role. You are working at the forefront connecting the business departments with data and tech. Your challenging character transfers to your analysis and you do continuously challenge the business from an operational as well as managing perspective. This is a trigger for innovation! Your charming nature convinces people to work together, find new solutions and take a look into your outstanding results.
In this role, you are working closely with data engineers and data scientists as well as business owners together. You post requests and translate requirements in both directions from business to data and vice versa. Your analysis will support the end user to learn from data and automate. You are supporting the end user to develop skills of how to learn from data. In this role, you are very flexible to move closer to the business or closer to the engineering part according to the business needs as well as your personal interest.
You are working in an environment of a highly-motivated team who wants to make a difference. In this team, you will contribute to creating and shaping a very flexible analytics platform which uses state-of-the-art technologies as well as giving space for standalone apps.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- Hands-on, customer and quality-centric mentality.
- Ability to translate business requirements as well as technical requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Profound knowledge in methodologies of statistics and analytics
- Profound knowledge of a variety of databases with advanced skills in SQL and related methodologies in relational and non-relational databases.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in handling extremely large datasets
- Flexible and creative analysis in order to point out the true root cause or source
- BSc / MSc in computer sciences, mathematics, natural sciences or similar
- 5+ years experience working in data analysis or related fields
- Very beneficial skills are:
- Experience in various analytics platform (ie Tableau, Celonis)
- Experience in using relevant AWS services
- Experience in workflow tools as well as the deployment of the pipelines
- Strong skills in project management and communication as well as the ability to understand organizational relations
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We are united by sports. Fueled by data. Accelerated by tech. More than 3000 tech-driven colleagues work for the SIGNA Sports United Group across the world. For us, every day is game day. Our teams play a key role in empowering founders and sports-businesses to lead in the digital age.
We are many, but we move as one - with agility. Our team is diverse, talented and full of positive spirit. We are always evolving. Technology is at our core. Our Tech Teams are located on-site close to the Business. In addition, in 2020, we opened a Hub, our Centro Tecnico, in Barcelona.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Meet Daniel, our Head of Data & BI
What is your role at SIGNA Sports United?
I am in the role as Head of Data & BI. As a team, we are responsible to create and maintain the companies data and analytics supply. We drive innovation and try to continuously outperform the business processes. Our motivation is innovation and transforming creativity into business value.
When did you join?
This year, June 2021
Why did you choose SIGNA Sports United?
SIGNA Sports United provides outstanding data analytics & automation opportunities working with state-of-the-art technologies. We are very fact-based as well as open to re-design when necessary and the SSU is just a fantastic team where everyone is challenging and supporting each other.
Why is this a great place to work for colleagues with a background in sciences or analytical disciplines?
Firstly, due to a growth by M&A the heterogeneity enables you to a wide spectrum of services and products. Secondly, the SSU itself is providing a green field which you can shape and where you can realize your ideas. You can develop a superfluid data analytics organization, this opportunity is very special and unique! As e-commerce is a fast mover and the focus is on creating the #1 Sports Tech Platform, the full stack of state-of-the-art technologies is necessary. Here, the future is built on data and knowledge where data scientists and engineers find their home base.
Would you like to tell us about a particular highlight during your time at SIGNA Sports United?
The journey is a highlight itself. I haven’t often experienced these fast and strong decision lines before. We started from scratch and after only a couple of weeks, we are ready to start realizing our unified reporting and automation platform – and – our team sports events are fantastic.
SIGNA Sports United is all about sports. What is your favorite sports?
I did a lot of track-and-field sports and still am passionate about my intervals on the stadium track.
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org