- Create data assets which are properly authorized and leveraged group-wide.
- Managing users and user roles in the analytics platform.
- Improving and maintaining data quality.
- Defining requirements on data provisioning pipelines.
- Processing operational and confidential data according to our security guidelines.
- Creating reports, in-depth analysis as well as designing standalone analytics products.
- Identifying bottlenecks and recommending actions.
- Working in expert as well as cross-functional teams and challenge yourself and others.
- Building analytical tools to test and maintain quality of the data pipelines in order to achieve great usability, customer acquisition as well as operational efficiency.
- Building the foundation of ML / AI applications having the opportunity to participate in ML activities.
- Recognizing potentials and taking the chance to suggest data-driven solutions to the business.
- Contributing to the actual product development journey.
- Enabling the end user to adopt your product in daily business.
Senior Data Analyst (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) is the world’s leading sports e-commerce and technology platform, with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports. Our group of companies include Wiggle, Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, and Outfitter. We are passionate about sport and staying active.
We listed on the New York Stock Exchange in December 2021 and are the largest pure-play sports e-commerce company by revenue. We serve over 7 million active customers, have 1,000+ brand partners, and 500+ connected retail stores.
The Data Analyst position in SSU is a unique, analytical and collaborative role. You are working at the forefront connecting the business departments with data and tech. Your challenging character transfers to your analysis and you do continuously challenge the business from an operational as well as managerial perspective. This is a trigger for innovation! Your charming nature convinces people to work together, find new solutions and take a look into your outstanding results.
In this role, you are working closely with data engineers and data scientists as well as business owners. You post requests and translate requirements in both directions from business to data and vice versa. Your analysis will support the end user develop skills to learn from data and automation. In this role, you are very flexible to move closer to the business or closer to the engineering part according to the business needs as well as your personal interest.
You are working in an environment of a highly-motivated team who wants to make a difference. In this team, you will contribute to creating and shaping a very flexible analytics platform which uses state-of-the-art technologies as well as giving space for standalone apps.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- Hands-on, customer and quality-centric mentality.
- Ability to translate business requirements as well as technical requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Profound knowledge in methodologies of statistics and analytics.
- Profound knowledge of a variety of databases with advanced skills in SQL and related methodologies in relational and non-relational databases.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in handling extremely large datasets.
- Flexible and creative analysis in order to point out the true root cause or source.
- BSc / MSc in computer sciences, mathematics, natural sciences or similar.
- 5+ years experience working in data analysis or related fields.
- Very beneficial skills are:
- Experience in various analytics platform. (ie Tableau, Celonis)
- Experience in using relevant AWS services.
- Experience in workflow tools as well as the deployment of the pipelines.
- Strong skills in project management and communication as well as the ability to understand organizational relations.
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We are united by sports. Fueled by data. Accelerated by tech. More than 3000 tech-driven colleagues work for the SIGNA Sports United Group across the world. For us, every day is game day. Our teams play a key role in empowering founders and sports-businesses to lead in the digital age.
We are many, but we move as one - with agility. Our team is diverse, talented and full of positive spirit. We are always evolving. Technology is at our core. Our Tech Teams are located on-site close to the Business. In addition, in 2020, we opened a Hub, our Centro Tecnico, in Barcelona.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org