- Assist with controls rationalization, scoping, and optimization process.
- Participate in walkthrough discussions with internal and external business partners.
- Effectively prioritize assigned SOX testing with a adherence to established timelines.
- Assist in the summarization and evaluation of test results, allowing senior management the ability to easily assess the company's control environment over financial reporting.
- Provide support to the deficiency reporting and remediation process.
- Work on projects assigned with cross functional teams with the business and finance.
- Support GRC tool maintenance and enhance reporting automation.
Senior Financial Controls Compliance (SOx) Analyst (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU”) is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company based in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bikes, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
We are a ground-breaking online sports company with ~4,000 experts, specialists, innovators and entrepreneurs. We are on a journey to reinvent the industry and push the boundaries of what sports companies can do. SSU and its businesses in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports gives us scope for collaboration, learning and growth. Every day brings new opportunities. This is what it means to be part of SSU.
As the Senior Financial Controls Compliance (SOx) Analyst you will support the SSU Risk and Compliance team in building a structured and consistent group-wide Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) framework, as well as perform management testing across various international subsidiaries in Germany, UK, France and US.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar field.
- 2 - 3 years' experience with SOX 404 compliance and internal controls evaluation that followed a controls framework, including all phases of evaluation, documentation, testing and remediation.
- Ability to apply review comments and learnings to future work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient process facilitation, project management and analytical skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively with staff at varying levels of the organization to achieve successful outcome.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
- Work with a passionate team.
- Permanent employment contract.
- 30 days of vacation each year.
- 10 days working from abroad.
- Flexible, hybrid working model.
- Best possible view from the 30th floor in the Upper West in Berlin Charlottenburg.
- Employee discounts in our own shops and from a wide range of partners.
- Frequent office lunch and team events.
- Employee Assistance programme with access to mental wellbeing trainings and professional coaching services for you and your family members.
- 40EUR public transport subsidy.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
SSU is firmly in growth mode, so far in 2021, we have entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US, we have acquired WiggleCRC, a global bike retailer, thus creating the biggest online bike retailer in the world. On 15.12.21 Signa Sports United has successfully floated on the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company.
Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: email@example.com