- Oversee the development and execution of the ICoFR at the SSU Corporate entities
- Assist with controls rationalization, scoping, and optimization process
- Participate in walkthrough discussions with internal and external business partners across various SSU subsidiaries
- Effectively prioritize assigned SOX testing with an adherence to established timelines
- Assist in management reporting on the internal control environment, including control deficiencies, for executive leadership and the audit committee
- Develop recommendations to improve control and quality procedures and works with management to implement the recommendations
- Work on projects assigned with cross functional teams within business and finance
- Support GRC tool maintenance and enhance reporting automation
Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Signa Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU”) is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company based in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bikes, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
We are a ground-breaking online sports company with ~4,000 experts, specialists, innovators and entrepreneurs. We are on a journey to reinvent the industry and push the boundaries of what sports companies can do. SSU and its businesses in bike, tennis, outdoor and team sports gives us scope for collaboration, learning and growth. Every day brings new opportunities. This is what it means to be part of SSU.
As the Senior Internal Controls Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring, implementing, and maintaining Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) at the SSU Group (Corporate entities). In addition, you will be supporting the Group Audit, Risk and Compliance team in building a structured and consistent group-wide SOX framework, as well as performing management testing across various international subsidiaries in Germany, UK, France and US.
The part you’ll play
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar field
- 2 - 3 years' experience with internal controls implementation/testing, Internal, or External Audit
- Sound knowledge of SOX 404 Compliance, PCAOB, COSO, GRC methodologies and frameworks
- Big4 experience and/or professional qualification in Accountancy, Audit, Internal Controls (ACCA, CIA, CIMA, CISA or equivalent) is a plus
- Ability to apply review comments and learnings to future work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient process facilitation, project management and analytical skills
- Highly effective communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively with staff at varying levels of the organization to achieve successful outcome
- Hands-on mentality
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- C. 10–15% of travel
- Work with a passionate team
- Permanent employment contract
- 30 days of vacation each year
- 10 days working from abroad
- Best possible view from the 30th floor in the Upper West in Berlin Charlottenburg
- Employee discounts in our own shops and from a wide range of partners
- Frequent office lunch and team events
- Employee Assistance programme with access to mental wellbeing trainings and professional coaching services for you and your family members
- 40EUR public transport subsidy
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Exciting combination of tech and sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
Meet our recruiting team
"I am passionate about people and sports – making SSU the perfect match for me! In my role, I head the central functions' talent needs. This challenging position allows me to expand my boundaries and be a subject matter expert in both recruiting and HR business partnering.
I love to understand people’s stories, motivations, behaviours, successes, achievements but also their reaction in difficult situations.
My mission is to value, encourage, and support a diverse workforce by continually improving individual and organisational effectiveness at Signa Sports United. I am a proud brand ambassador of SSU’s values and take the initiative to inform people at various forums about our success."