- advise our central business and tech department in Berlin on strategic and operational ecommerce related topics, particularly in the field of data protection
- advise our national and international subsidiaries on implementing consistent data protection strategies and policies and other e-commerce related topics
- manage the roll-out and maintenance of our group wide digital compliance tools
- build, maintain and grow our e-learning platform
- work closely with our financial risk management and compliance department to support with SOX compliance topics
(Senior) Legal Counsel- Data & Compliance (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online stores like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more.
SSU is firmly in growth mode, so far in 2021, we have entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US, we have acquired WiggleCRC, a global bike retailer, thus creating the biggest online bike retailer in the world. On 15.12.21 Signa Sports United has successfully floated on the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company.
Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
Joining SSU would mean you will be part of high-calibre team, united by passion, driven by innovation, and pioneers in the Sports & Outdoors arena. Have the power to have tremendous impact and be a part of a team that fosters growth, leadership, community and transformation.
The (Senior) Legal Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and will be responsible for ecommerce, data protection and compliance related topics.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- Preferably German 2nd State Examination, alternatively Bachelor / Master in law with focus on data protection / e-commerce topics
- Ideally 2 years or more of work experience in relevant sectors
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management and execution abilities
- Very good communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work both in German and English
- Fast paced company with exciting challenges
- Highly self-organized and autonomous way of working
- Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
- The combination of Tech and Sports E-Commerce is one of the most exciting and promising businesses in these days
- Open and transparent international company culture
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
- Direct reporting line to Group General Counsel
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
With an agile, open and international ethos, SIGNA Sports United Legal will play a key role in shaping the future success of our group. We consider ourselves as strategic business partners and perform many important roles in complex projects and in the decision making processes. At the same time, we ensure compliance with the various applicable regulatory frameworks and drive innovation and digitalization in several fields. We are also part of the Group’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts and contribute to ethical topics that go beyond mere legal considerations.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: email@example.com