- advise our central business and tech department in Berlin on strategic and operational ecommerce related topics, particularly in the field of data protection
- advise our national and international subsidiaries on implementing consistent data protection strategies and policies and other e-commerce related topics
- manage the roll-out and maintenance of our group wide digital compliance tools
- build, maintain and grow our e-learning platform
- provide legal support in M&A processes (including post-merger integration)
- work closely with our financial risk management and compliance department to support with SOX compliance topics
- Top Job
(Senior) Legal Counsel (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global # 1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in bike, tennis, outdoor & team sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including endto-end e-commerce as -a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $ 1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
The (Senior) Legal Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel and will be responsible for ecommerce, data protection and compliance related topics.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- Preferably German 2nd State Examination, alternatively Bachelor / Master in law with focus on data protection / e-commerce topics
- Ideally 2 years or more of work experience in relevant sectors
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management and execution abilities
- Very good communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work both in German and English
- Fast paced company with exciting challenges
- Highly self-organized and autonomous way of working
- Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
- The combination of Tech and Sports E-Commerce is one of the most exciting and promising businesses in these days
- Open and transparent international company culture
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
- Direct reporting line to Group General Counsel
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
With an agile, open and international ethos, SIGNA Sports United Legal will play a key role in shaping the future success of our group. We consider ourselves as strategic business partners and perform many important roles in complex projects and in the decision making processes. At the same time, we ensure compliance with the various applicable regulatory frameworks and drive innovation and digitalization in several fields. We are also part of the Group’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts and contribute to ethical topics that go beyond mere legal considerations.