• Identify data sources and source missing information
• Contribute to build a harmonized data platform on group level
• Designing, testing and deploying machine learning models
• Operationalizing ML applications
• Building predictive models helping the business user to move pro-actively
• Setting-up and maintain application relevant data stores
• Defining and designing a data collection of structured and unstructured data
• Enhancing collected data and feature engineering
• Designing and setting up the use case specific data infrastructure
• Data cleansing and verification
• Assessing data quality and recommending actionable measures to improve
• Creating clear, comprehensive and coherent reports as well as presentations to communicate working progress
Senior Machine Learning/ AI Engineer (f/m/d) Germany
Signa Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU”) is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company based in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bikes, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in the SSU, you are working on the edge of what technology let’s us do. This person creates a new perspective for the business, unveils hidden connections and dependencies. In this role, you are the key and driver of a future-proof business. You are contributing to the generation of new business models as well as automating processes from a data perspective.
Our business field is growing and changing fast, data is one of the most important parts of the business strategy. Machine learning is a front runner and does not only support by applying standard methodologies of machine learning and statistics but rather has a creative mind to develop new products. You are in the role of challenging the daily business from a process and product perspective. Your expertise and knowledge add value across all businesses.
You are working closely with data scientists, data engineers and data analysts who are providing you with high-performance data pipelines and fantastic discovery as well as business insights within a state-of-the-art tech stack. Of course, you are equipped with the possibilities to discover and treat the data in the greatest way.
The part you’ll play
• Identify data sources and source missing information
What you’ll bring to the team
- Hands-on, customer and quality-centric mentality
- Outstanding analytics skills: identify root causes at their true core as well as a strong comprehension towards business fields in order to meet the customer needs
- Demonstrated experience in ML/AI app development with Python/R
- Very knowledgeable in state-of-the-art AI platforms and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in the application of various algorithms
- Profound knowledge of a variety of databases with advanced skills in SQL and related methodologies in relational and non-relational databases.
- MSc/PhD in computer sciences, mathematics, natural sciences or similar
- 5+ years experience working in designing and deploying machine learning models
- Profound knowledge in data integration solutions as well as methodologies
- Experienced and knowledgeable in handling extremely large datasets
- Very beneficial skills are:
- Experience in system engineering
- Knowledge in AWS services like EC2, S3, SageMaker, etc. as well as experience in analogous services and products
- Experience in workflow tools as well as the deployment of data pipelines
- Strong skills in project management and communication as well as the ability to understand organizational relations
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit and business need. We at Signa Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Exciting combination of tech and sports e-commerce
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
Meet our recruiting team
"It has been an absolute pleasure to build our centralized tech recruiting team from scratch! As the Group Tech Recruiting Lead, I was given full autonomy to design the
function & create a roadmap for the near future. The right tech talent will make massive impact on Signa Sports United's time ahead and I am elated to be able to contribute to it."
"My daily goal is to acquire the brightest and best people for Signa Sports United. Talent is the key to growth and hiring is the most important thing we do. You can dream and envision the greatest place in the world – but only the right set of people can make that a reality."
"I believe employees are the greatest asset a company has and strive to bring the best talent to Signa Sports United. I am passionate about what I do because I am convinced nothing is more important to the business than hiring and developing the right people."
"I am passionate about exploring new methods to find, attract and engage the right people with the exciting opportunities available at Signa Sports United. I enjoy working with candidates to understand their motivation and find matches who can work effectively with the business for the long-term."