- Build-up and lead a central Media Sales unit with focus on Retail Media and Programmatic
- Build and develop a top performing team
- Define and implement / roll-out of sales approaches
- Full sales and revenue responsibility
- Responsible for all central operational retail media sales processes and products
- Strategic improvement and development of media products and revenue streams
- Total responsibility for acquisition and management of advertisers and agencies
- Implementation and continuous development of state-of-the-art processes and standards within sales
- Set-up and execute efficient interfaces and relationships between central / local responsibilities
Senior Manager Media Sales (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Germany
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 8-10 years experience within a retail media unit and / or agency with a strong focus on retail media and programmatic advertising
- University degree, MBA / PHD a plus
- Profound experience within online / e-commerce businesses
- Strong network of advertisers and agencies
- In-depth knowledge of AdTech landscape
- Proven track record of successful management and development of programmatic advertising strategies
- Experience in building and monetizing new AdProducts as well as performance tracking
- Strong experience in managing teams (direct and indirect), being a passionate and committed people leader
- Track record in building / establishing new businesses and transformation environments
- Excellent thought leadership and analytical mindset
- Binding and sovereign appearance on all levels of businesses and great communication skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Willingness and ability to work in fast-paced environments, hands-on mentality and eagerness to execute
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcomed!
- Fluent in German and English
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We are innovators. Breaking new ground every day isn‘t just for athletes. In inter-disciplinary teams across Business Units we relentlessly work on enabling direct-to-consumer and business-to-consumer commerce at scale. We are constantly looking for aspirational colleagues who are passionate about building the infrastructure to be the ecosystem partner for the sports industry and their customers, brands, offline and online specialists and broader sports communities.