- Development and implementation of roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions of tech products across the organisation.
- Collaborate with management and IT teams to develop annual IT-cost budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including businesses, the information technology & data team, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members as well as external resources.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization and teams.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources in retail/ecommerce.
- Utilise the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Collaborate with the Project Management office on the intake process and prioritisation of candidate projects across the company.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes.
- Deep process knowledge of B2C, E-Com businesses with their O2C and P2P processes (JB).
Tech Business Partner- Bike and Outdoor (f/m/d) Germany
SIGNA Sports United • Berlin
SIGNA Sports United (“SSU”) is a NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) listed specialist online sports retail company based in Berlin, Germany. We own companies and brands in various sports including bikes, tennis, outdoor and team sports. We sell equipment and apparel via our 100 own online stores, collaborate with 500+ independent brick and mortar shops, and partner with over 1000 sports brands. Together we serve 7+ million customers around the world.
The Tech Business Partner (TBP) serves as a trusted advisor and is the primary IT point of contact to business line executives and managers. You will serve as the strategic interface with assigned business units or functional areas for business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, and relationship management. Providing highly valuable strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. Communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business requests, projects, and initiatives. Proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantages and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of businesses. Partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define options and identify and prioritise projects based on predefined criteria (e.g., return on investment, productivity, compliance).
Operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities.
The TBP provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. The TBP focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for their business area. You will strive to understand market challenges, including customer priorities and competitive issues. TBPs are proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are driven and provide significant value to the businesses. TBP’s facilitate the investment intake process and the high-level planning and execution of business initiatives through technology. They serve a leading role in enabling the business to achieve its objectives through the effective use of technology. With their in-depth, process-related knowledge of the B2C/E-Com business, they support the various departments in implementing their business and functional requirements regarding O2C- and P2P processes in close cooperation with IT.
What you will be responsible for
What we're looking for
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments.
- At least 3 years of experience with managing teams and being responsible for strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
- Strong business acumen.
- ITBPs must have a strong understanding of each business unit to include their business drivers for success, process, and approaches to business models.
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcome!
What you need to know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
At SIGNA Sports United believe that our team spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
We are united by sports. Fueled by data. Accelerated by tech. More than 3000 tech-driven colleagues work for the SIGNA Sports United Group across the world. For us, every day is game day. Our teams play a key role in empowering founders and sports-businesses to lead in the digital age.
We are many, but we move as one - with agility. Our team is diverse, talented and full of positive spirit. We are always evolving. Technology is at our core. Our Tech Teams are located on-site close to the Business. In addition, in 2020, we opened a Hub, our Centro Tecnico, in Barcelona.
News & Insights
Since 15.12.2021 we are a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. We have been honoring this important day with some celebratory moments together with our Business Units and colleagues watching remote all around the world. Being a publicly listed company is an amazing achievement and has fueled our energy even more - we are here to conquer! If you have passion for sports - join us! Many exciting open vacancies are waiting for you!
Fast paced company with exciting challenges
Flat hierarchies and fast decision making
Highly self-organised and autonomous way of working
Open and transparent international company culture
Exciting Combination of Tech and Sports e-commerce
Very dynamic environment with sport-enthusiastic colleagues
I’m Tayla, The Recruitment Manager at SIGNA-Sports United.
Throughout my career I have had a people-centric focus. It is what drives me and gives me purpose. My passion is to help others, explore and accomplish their dreams.
With an analytical mindset and a passion for people recruitment became my home. A home where I
could build strong relationships and match candidates with their dream positions and careers. My
purpose has always been about inspiring, encouraging and fulfilling aspirations.
Hence why I started at SSU, it is a place that encourages growth, autonomy and innovation. An
environment where your opinions are valued and your impact great. A place filled with passionate
people, hardworking and collaborative, with a team spirit that inspires.
Be INSPIRED, by joining an amazing team of high-calibre individuals that are passionate about sports
and the outdoors. We are SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS, we are DRIVEN, we are PASSIONATE, and we are INNOVATIVE!
Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org